Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blind school visits

Recently there was invention made by the two students. The idea of a low-cost Braille printer by two friends, Santokh Singh and Khushwant Rai of 12th standard, is a unique one and it got a wide range of appreciation from the NIF judging panel. It is a kind of dotmatrix printer modified at a low cost to work as a Braille printer. They both are from jalandhar.

I am Alisha volunteer of Esha. I visited four blind schools this week to check the demand of the low cost braille printer;

Firstly I visited institution for the blind near amar colony, lajpat nagar. I got the chance to talk to principal and I told told him about this printer he really wanted to buy this printer and he also ask me to make the invoice for this braille printer.

Secondly I visited janta adrash andh vidyalaya near sidq nagar, where our beneficiary Raju koli study, here also was able to talk to the the principal.they can buy one and see how it works and will buy more of the printer as they need more printers for the students.

Thirdly I visited the blind relief association, Delhi. Here I was able to talk to concern person named C. P Mohan. He said its very economical getting the braille printer for such a low cost . as now a days the braille printer cost near 2 lac. And they will very interested in buying if gets a demo of the printer.

Lastly visited Andh Maha vidyalaya, near RK ashram marg, there I met the principal and I told about the new invention she was really surprised to knew that at such a low cost but she said in market lot of fake product are coming so its not easy to believe  every product. She was convinced to buy the printer before they wanted to have a demo . if they like they will buy more than one.


It was really wonderful experience reaching out to people and sharing about such a wonderful invention.





No comments: